Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fundraising Page post from August 26th


****Want to be famous? Platinum Donors get their logo printed on my team's shirt!****
Thank you, Pajiba!

I hope the wonderful writers and readers of www.pajiba.com will accept this Laurel and Hardy handshake for donating over $500 yesterday. Pajiba: scathing reviews, b*tchy people, big hearts.

I'm training to participate in my first marathon ever as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. I am completing this event in honor of my grandfather.

When I signed up for Team in Training, the 26.2 miles waiting for me in far-off January did not intimidate me. Want to know what did? See that thermometer over there? $3,800 is so much money. After initial misgivings (ok, icy fear ran through my body, I am not going to lie), I am resolved to meet that goal.

The little thermometer is moving y'all!

Thank you for donating. YOU are a hero.

~*~*~Will Run for Coffee~*~*~

No comments: